Saturday, August 3, 2013

After the Flood

Well, it took almost 4 months to get my sewing room organized-carpets laid, wall knocked down, walls painted, boxes emptied, shelves stocked, pictures up.  I went downstairs last Sunday to finish painting the trim around the windows and hang curtains....












It took 4 hours of monsoonal rains to undo it all...SIGH...
The smell of bleach is prevalent.....thankfully, no fabric was lost.  And that table you see on the far right?  It is 12 feet long and still not big enough to hold all the fabric...
Of course, this was the week the not so local quilt shop asked me to make some samples for them....so for now I'm in the kitchen sewing, with a borrowed iron and a 10 foot extension cord.....SIGH...maybe next weekend I'll get the curtains up....

No comments: