Sunday, March 1, 2009

Not Divorced...YET!!


Well, my hubby and I spent the weekend cleaning the basement....correction...I did a lot of the cleaning and he spent a lot of time trying to get out of cleaning...at one point yesterday he took a nap...arghh!! He is a pack rat and hates when I throw out or give anything away. And, shelves and cupboards? What are they for? Put stuff on them? Why can't they stay in a box? I don't know how many times he asked me about the DVD's I was giving away..are you sure there are none of the kids on there? Are you sure?? The DVD's are going to Lucie's granddaughter and I'm sure that if there are family videos in the cases they will be returned. My 30 year old son is even worse. He just tosses stuff out of his room into a pile. Several weeks ago I asked him to clean it up. Well, yesterday I shovelled it into garbage bags...don't know what was in there, don't care...was that a work uniform I saw? The warranty for the computer? ooops, the charger for his phone?...like I said, don't care. The worst part of all that cleaning? When I moved a box, I found that the outside wall was leaking...guess what we will be doing in the spring? Yep, we're still married, but not speaking much to each other right now. And, he's just thought up an excuse to go out!
On a lighter note, I had a great time last Thursday and Saturday. Thursday was demo night and Saturday was Saturday Morning Sampler at my local quilt shoppe http://www.quilterscupboard.ca/ Table runners were demo'ed on Thursday night and the Saturday Morning Sampler is a row quilt. Last month I had to make 8-6 inch Churn Dash blocks, next month it's the Log Cabin block-same amount, same size. I'm doing mine in chocolate pinks..... Warning, sunglasses are strongly advised. These are 4 of the 16 already made. The Flying geese blocks are for the border-lots more to be made. And, yes they do have a right side, it just got cut off in the photo. :)

No comments: