Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Just popping in for a quick 'hi'!

The temperature outside of Toronto, Ontario hit 87.8 (31C.). The humidity was in the stratosphere, and there I was on a ladder picking sour cherries. I did manage to get 2 more quarts down before the rain started....yep, got a little wet as well. My 26 year old daughter, Paige lectured me for standing on a metal ladder in a thunder storm. hmmm.....wonder why? LOL.

The first borders are on the bear paw quilt, just have one more to add. And, yes, that one side was still too short...argh! Do you know how many times I measured that thing? And, the measurements were the same everytime? I even had my daughter measure it, with the same results....I finally broke down and added 2 narrow strips to that corner....not too happy having to do that, but it is now square and ready for the final borders. Hopefully tomorrow after work. I am so ready to move onto a different project.

My 28 year old son, Ash called from Ireland today. He is serving with the British military and had been on training exercises since the beginning of May. Communication with him was sporadic during that time. I am so glad I was able to talk with him today. He sounded so good and as he got to spend the weekend with his finance as well....that probably added to his upbeat mood. Come to think of it, he is always upbeat, loves what he is doing....

Work was brutal today...I think it was 'pick on Claire' day today....why? I really need to get a full time job and get on with my life...but full time work is proving difficult to find. I have resumes everywhere and some testing going on with various companies, but nothing solid yet. It would be appreciated if anyone reading this keeps thinking positive thoughts.

4:30 a.m. will be here before I know it, so am signing off for now.

No comments: